Beas Kund is a high altitude lake that forms part of the Himachal Pradesh mountains and is one of the high points of trekking in India. The crystal still water of the lake is the source for the Beas River where Sage Vyas bathed between sessions of meditation. This gives you some idea of the stillness and purity you find trekking in the Himalayas.
Merely a few kilometres into the trail, ancient deodar trees climb high into the sky, developing a dense coniferous forest. If you crane your neck, they are so tall that you'll not be able to see the treetops. You can also spot oak, pine and maple trees.
The Beas Kund path supplies you close, base-to-summit views of big mountains of Manali like Mount Friendship, Shitidhar, Ladakhi and also Hanuman Tibba. On a clear day, you'll also be able to identify the peaks of Indrasen, Deo Tibba as well as more heights from the Pir Panjal array. Likewise, one will find the Beas Kund Glacier while progressing towards Beas Kund.
The surrounding areas bustle with animal life and the plants and trees that sustain them. It's not unusual to see ovine creatures like goats and sheep grazing on pastures dotted with flowers and fungi.
Beas Kund has constantly been a well-known trek around Manali. It takes you right to the origin of the river that streams with the town. (Yes, this is the exact same river that flowed in the contrary direction while you were taking your journey to Manali!).
This emerald kund branches off right into streams, toppling waterfalls right up until it merges directly into the steaming Beas river.
Our Beas Kund Trek will alternate periods of easy trekking with time in pastoral locations where you can take in the surroundings, take pictures and take a break for something to eat.
The two nights spent out on this Himalayan trekking experience will allow you to see the stars as never before, in all their natural beauty. The thinner mountain air on Himalayan treks allows for clearer sight and the lack of artificial light means even the weakest, most distant star can shine through.
● From Manali, we head off for Solang Nallah, the starting point of the Beas Kund Trek.
● We trek along the bank of the Beas River, through wooded areas of oak, fir, and walnuts, until we reach Dhundi.
● The ever-present snow-capped mountains provide a spectacular backdrop to everything you see.
● A further 5km trek brings us to our campsite in Bakrathatch (3,270m).
● The peaks visible en route are Deo Tibba Peak (6,001m) and Indrasan peak (6,220m) backed up by the Seven Sisters.
● Rising early and packing everything away, we trek again towards Beas Kund. The trees and forest of yesterday are replaced by boulders and rocks in the summer and snow in the winter.
● After several hours of trekking, we reach the beautiful Beas Kund. This lake is the origin of the River Beas.
● Beas Kund is the base camp serving the Friendship, Ladakhi, and Shitidhar peaks.
● There will be time to take in your surroundings (and take pictures) and have something to eat before we head back to Bakkarthatch and our overnight camp.
● We spend the day winding our way back to Solang Nallah along familiar paths from the ascent.
● From Solang Nallah there’s a chance to reflect and relax on the drive to Manali.
● You will be dropped at the Manali bus stand, ready for your onward journey home.
- Transportation to Gulaba from Manali and from Vashisht to Manali on day 1 and day 3 respectively.
- State of the art T2 / T3 / T4 camping tents, sleeping bags with liners and camping mattress at the campsite.
- Evening tea / coffee, breakfast on day 2 and day 3, lunch on day 1 and day 2 and dinner on day 1 and day 2. All meals will be vegetarian.
- Reliable, licensed, experienced and adept English-speaking guide with a great knowledge of the area and the terrain.
- Shared dry toilet tent.
- Kitchen tent and kitchen equipment.
- First aid kit.
- Any Personal Expenses / Mineral Water / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST.
- Porters, ponies, transport, any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God and anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
T-shirts (dry-fit preferred), Thermal inners, Fleece/ Windproof Jacket, Poncho, Down Feather Jacket, Woolen Cap, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Flip Flops, Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, Gloves, Trekking Shoes, Quick Drying Towel.
Reusable water bottle, Backpack (30 - 40 ltrs.), Walking Stick (if required), Torch or Head Torch, Sunscreen, Hand Sanitizer, Moisturiser, Personal Medication, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash, Lip Balm, Batteries, Power Banks, Toilet Paper, Degradable Wet Wipes, Energy Bars, Chocolate, Dried Fruit, ORS.
- Climate or weather-based conditions in the higher reaches differ from the plains; take adequate time to get accustomed to high altitudes.
- Pay attention to the instructor or trainer to enjoy a sound as well as secure trekking experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other narcotics/intoxicants throughout the expedition.
- Stay clear of hiking during the dark hours.
- Before undertaking this trip, consult your medical professional or any doctor.
- Carry essential medicines required by you.
- The expedition takes place through the environment-friendly zone; do not indulge in littering on the trail or camping sites.
Yes, Beas Kund Expedition is good for initial timers as it is a small expedition and also the terrain is a very easy one. Besides this, all the precautions are taken by the guides and will make your experience more fantastic and risk-free as well.
Beas Kund weather remains great in a lot of the months. The temperature level drops down to 0 degrees in the winter season but the summers are quite reassuring with a temperature range of 10 degrees to 18-degree celsius. Very less rainfall makes the air humidity-free and also apt for trekking.
Beas Kund Height is at an elevation of 3,700 meters above the ground. From this point, you can have a look at the bountiful peaks and calm your spirit with the vistas it offers. To get to the top you will certainly require 3 to 4 hrs depending upon your speed of trekking.
The month of March is among the best months to visit Beas Kund trip as the temperature varies in between 2.9 degrees Celsius to -5.7 levels Celsius. Besides this, the precipitation is 99 mm that makes the weather simply the best for trekking. One has to ensure that they carry resting bags and also enough woolens with themselves as the temperature level goes down at night.
Tracing the stunning Beas Kund in the month of September is a choice without regrets as the temperature level varies between 5 degree Celsius to 15 degree Celsius and rainfall is about 75 mm. If you want to keep away from lots of snow as well as scorching sunlight, then this is the most effective time for you.
The month of January is thought about as one of the most efficient months to visit Beas Kund trek as the temperature level varies in between -11 degrees Celsius to -3 degrees Celsius and is a joy for the snow lovers. Besides this, the precipitation is 71 mm that makes the weather condition just ideal for trekking as it is not damp. See to it that you wear adequate woollens as the temperature level bar is on a constant decrease this month.
Yes, you can travel solo to Beas Kund Expedition as the path is defined and is not much difficult. Apart from this, the standard medicine facilities are offered that make sure the security of the individuals. There are no cases of crashes or avalanches reported till now.
Speaking of the difficulty levels of the Beas Kund expedition, it is modest and even a newbie can do it. The expedition route is not that long as well as can be completed in 3-4 hrs only and that makes it an excellent selection for the first-timers. At first, the path is quite simple but the last ascent is a little tough however is a practical one.
The distance of Beas Kund Trek sums up to 7 kms both ways and also it takes 3-4 hrs to hike up to the tops. On reaching the top point, that is 3,700 meters in the air you can see the abundant beauty of nature.
One should make certain that they keep themselves hydrated on the trek and are reasonably fit as the trek range is 7 kilometres only and the ascend is not that hard.
For the trek, ideal shoes are sports footwear as they are comfortable and also make mapping the terrain an easy job. In addition to this, you can wear running footwear as they offer excellent hold and protect your feet from the bone-chilling wind. If you are traveling in the peak winter season, then ensure that you wear boots as the trek is all snow-covered.
Hiking to Beas Kund entails going through some very high terrains and also outdoor camping overnight in the hills. Maintain in mind that if you take a trip in between March to April, the whole location would certainly be covered in snow. The snow begins to thaw May onwards. Considering these variables, we recommend the below-mentioned equipment that you ought to load for your journey:.
- Solid walking footwear.
- Hiking post.
- LED headlamp/torch.
- Fleece as well as woollen coat.
- Rainfall equipment (irrespective of the period).
One has to make certain to carry the medication for the expedition that you might require considering your health and wellness. Besides that, one must bring a stomach ache, acidity, throwing up and also migraine medications. Likewise, if you encounter problems with higher elevation after that Diamox is the service for you as it assists in reducing the density of blood that offers more oxygen supply to the body.
The very best time to go to Beas Kund is from Mid-May to Mid October as the weather condition is rather soothing. The temperature ranges between 5 degrees Celsius to 16 degrees celsius. Apart from this, the beauty of the area increases during the end months as the amount of rainfall rises and the area becomes much greener.
Yes, the expedition is risk-free for women as there are checkpoints and also the safety of every individual is made sure by the trek guides. Whether you are planning a team journey or solo it is secure in both ways.
The month of March is one of the finest months to go on a Beas Kund trek as the temperature varies between 2.9 levels Celsius to -5.7 degrees Celsius. Apart from this, the rainfall is 99 mm that makes the climate simply excellent for trekking. January is considered as one of the ideal months for Beas Kund trek as the temperature level ranges between -11 levels Celsius to -3 degrees Celsius and also is a delight for the snow fans.
Me and my group witnessed a surreal experience of a lifetime! Thanks to Adventure La for making my trek to Hampta pass seem so easy with wonderful memories. The picturesque locations and the admirable hospitality is worth admiring. Drinking mountain water can be a little tricky for us Europeans, as it’s not that easy to digest but the team had boiled water and packaged water for us on request.
It's great pleasure planning a holiday trek with these people they organised so well. I would recommend people to opt them. Even they helped us in planning out of the box to their package.
I trekked with Abendrot team to Triund last year. My amazing experience with the team made me do a Solo Trek with them to kareri Lake as well. The guides ensured a safe and a comfortable journey for me throughout. Much skilled and experienced guides, very modest. The arrangements, the complete planning, the food quality, the tents, the sleeping arrangements was commendable. They completely ensure each traveler has a lifetime experience with them. More treks with Abendrot in near future for sure.
A private trek to Triund was one of my best decisions and I don't think I could've made a better choice than Abendrot Holidays to make this trek fruitful for me! The scenery across the trail is mesmerizing. It was an adventurous travel experience with the guide being pretty helpful throughout. I can't wait to travel with these guys again. Also a big thank you to the whole team for always being so communicative.
Good camping experience and professional guide .