A wise man once said, “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulder of giants.” As the days pass trekking in the Himalayas you will see further than you have before, standing on the shoulders of mountains and traversing the Indrahar Pass.
As you leave from McLeod Ganj you start to feel everything fall away behind you. The small buildings of the towns and the cities give way to a world of giants and causeways.
With stunning landscapes, glistening streams, deep-seated voids along with deodar and rhododenron forests all throughout the journey, the Indrahar Pass Hike in Himachal Pradesh is among the absolute most awe - impressive hikes in the Indian Himalayan location. This adventure scenic excursion gives you an opportunity to stroll on the historical route of Gaddi Shepherds who use this trek to take their flock to summertime pastures in the upper Ravi lowland and Lahaul. The Indrahar Pass makes the boundary in between Kangra and also Chamba areas.
You’ll also look inward and a visit to Lahesh Caves will provide you with a chance to reflect on what grows within mountains, and what place the mountains have inside you.
The Indrahar pass expedition, which is just one of the moderate treks in Himachal Pradesh, takes off from McLeodganj, which is the seat of H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama, to Triund at 2,875 mtrs. The exploration to Triund by through the village of Dharamkot and Galu Devi uncovers a spectacular viewpoint of the Kangra Valley. The tranquillity of the day gives way to the stillness of the night as the clear and noiseless sky reveals something even bigger than the mountains, the universe.
● An initial 9 KM trek of 4-5 hours leads us off from McLeod Ganj and takes in the Magic View Café via Gallu Devi Temple before reaching Triund.
● At Triund we will pitch camp for the night where you will get a first glance of the stars that will watch over us during this trek.
● We spend the day on a 5-6 hour 7 KM trek that takes us through the snowline and Laka got before we pass the glacier, finishing at the ancient Lahesh Caves, 3500m above sea level, our base for the night.
● After packing up our campsite we head off on a steep ascent that reveals the expansive valley below. Allowing trekkers a true sense of the scale of the area.
● Eventually, the mountain top is reached. From here you can see, and photograph, many beautiful natural sights such as the Pir Panjal range of mountains and Manimahesh Peak.
● With much of Himachal Pradesh beneath us, we spend another night gazing at the stars and the unreachable world above us.
● The final day of descent will lead us back to where we started in McLeod Ganj. After 5-6 hours one of the great Himalayan treks may come to an end, but you will carry it with you long after this day ends.
- State of the art T2 / T3 / T4 camping tents, sleeping bags with liners and camping mattress at the campsite.
- Evening tea / coffee, breakfast on day 2, day 3 and day 4, lunch on day 2 and day 3 and dinner on day 1, day 2 and day 3. All meals will be vegetarian.
- Reliable, licensed, experienced and adept English-speaking guide with a great knowledge of the area and the terrain.
- Shared dry toilet tent.
- Kitchen tent and kitchen equipment.
- First aid kit.
- Any Personal Expenses / Mineral Water / Tips / Beverages / Meals that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- 5% GST.
- Porters, ponies, transport, any activities, permits, services, accommodation or transfers other than what is mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances including medical emergencies and acts of God and anything that is not mentioned in the above list of inclusions.
T-shirts (dry-fit preferred), Thermal inners, Fleece/ Windproof Jacket, Poncho, Down Feather Jacket, Woolen Cap, Sun Hat, Sunglasses, Flip Flops, Cotton Socks, Woolen Socks, Gloves, Trekking Shoes, Quick Drying Towel.
Reusable water bottle, Backpack (30 - 40 ltrs), Walking Stick (if required), Torch or Head Torch, Sunscreen, Hand Sanitizer, Moisturiser, Personal Medication, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash, Lip Balm, Batteries, Power Banks, Toilet Paper, Degradable Wet Wipes, Energy Bars, Chocolate, Dried Fruit, ORS.
- While on the trail, no additional porters will be provided to carry your luggage. It has to be carried by the individual.
- Porters or helpers to lug baggage can be set up only on prior notification at an additional expense, with luggage to be carried capped at 10 kgs.
- The management has all the right to change the expedition, if any type of emergencies or all-natural tragedies may occur.
- The travelers must focus on the instructions delivered by the expedition leader or guide to cherish a secure and a much safer experience.
- Do not take in alcohol or any other intoxicants throughout the expedition. You must purely comply with this guideline.
- Before starting the trip expedition, consult a doctor or a medical practitioner.
Indrahar pass trek is a moderate to tough trek with high rocky surfaces and ridges, triggering you to climb the steady climbs. Any experience in travelling will certainly help you to accomplish the summit.
Yes, it is always a good idea. We carry standard emergency treatment medications. Likewise, our team is certified in first aid which assists in emergency scenarios.
September to October is the absolute best time to do the Indrahar pass expedition right prior to the beginning of winter. The common weather condition is cooler however comfy days with temperature levels in between 12 as well as 16 levels. In summer, May and also June is a good time to go. Downpour as well as hefty snowfall time can be stayed clear of.
Travelling in the Dhauladhar region is quite fascinating in both the seasons.
There will be significant variation between night and day and in the direct sun and shade, so it is important to plan appropriately. Day time will be warmer and warm with a temperature of 15 to 25 C and nights will be chillier with a temperature of 5 to -5 C.
We always serve vegetarian food throughout the trek with a choice of eggs sometimes, based on the trek menu. However, on certain trails and personal groups, we can add non-vegetarian alternatives on a customized basis. We try our finest to supply only organic food with no plastic packaging.
Spiti valley is just so beautiful that I am falling short of words to describe its true beauty. No doubt the weather is extreme and the unexplored places are a little hard to reach but the Spiti journey is an experience of a lifetime. We did this trip in 2019 and thanks to the team at Adventure La, the entire trip was very comfortable and I had the most adventurous time of my life.
A private trek to Triund was one of my best decisions and I don't think I could've made a better choice than Abendrot Holidays to make this trek fruitful for me! The scenery across the trail is mesmerizing. It was an adventurous travel experience with the guide being pretty helpful throughout. I can't wait to travel with these guys again. Also a big thank you to the whole team for always being so communicative.
I trekked with Abendrot team to Triund last year. My amazing experience with the team made me do a Solo Trek with them to kareri Lake as well. The guides ensured a safe and a comfortable journey for me throughout. Much skilled and experienced guides, very modest. The arrangements, the complete planning, the food quality, the tents, the sleeping arrangements was commendable. They completely ensure each traveler has a lifetime experience with them. More treks with Abendrot in near future for sure.
Me and my group witnessed a surreal experience of a lifetime! Thanks to Adventure La for making my trek to Hampta pass seem so easy with wonderful memories. The picturesque locations and the admirable hospitality is worth admiring. Drinking mountain water can be a little tricky for us Europeans, as it’s not that easy to digest but the team had boiled water and packaged water for us on request.
Tirthan valley with Abendrot Holidays is an easy trip. The team's there to assist always, anytime. The itinerary is fun & safe. We certainly recommend!